A spray dryer is a device that can complete drying and granulation at the same time. According to the process requirements, the pressure, flow rate and the size of the nozzle hole of the liquid pump can be adjusted to obtain the required spherical particles in a certain size ratio. Spray drying is a drying method that uses an atomizer to disperse the raw material liquid into droplets and dry the droplets with hot gas (air, nitrogen or superheated steam) to obtain a product. The raw material liquid may be a solution, an emulsion, a suspension, or a molten liquid or a paste liquid. The dried product can be made into powder, granule, hollow sphere or pellet as required. Generally, it includes electric heating blast drying oven, vacuum drying oven, high-speed centrifugal spray dryer, and sterile spray dryer. This article mainly introduces the application and advantages and disadvantages of lab scale spray dryer manufacturers,
pharmaceutical industry and dairy industry.
Spray Dryer In Food Industry
In the food industry, spray dryers are one of the most commonly used drying equipment. In the food processing industry, spray dryers can produce various powdered foods, such as instant coffee, baby food, food additives, fruit, cheese powder, etc. These foods not only have a good appearance, but also retain the original nutritional value of the food .
Our food spray dryers are equipped with 500mL/h for benchtop use, 1500ml/L for small scale experiments and 3500mL/h for pilot scale experiments. Whether you are processing 20mL samples or 20L samples, there is a suitable model to meet your requirements.
Spray Dryer Advantages In Food Industry
(1) Many food ingredients contain sugar, which is easy to melt at high temperature and stick to the walls of the drying chamber. To solve this problem, our food spray dryers can use specially designed low temperature models with lower inlet and outlet temperatures during the drying process. At such low temperatures, the sugar neither melts nor sticks to the wall.
(2) The drying chamber of our food spray dryer is made of high borosilicate glass or SUS304 stainless steel. Chambers made of glass are easier to observe, while chambers made of steel are more robust. The steel chamber can also be equipped with viewing glasses for observing the drying process. If necessary, the drying chamber can also be made of SUS316L stainless steel.
Spray Dryer In Pharmaceutical Industry
In the pharmaceutical industry, spray dryers often produce high-quality powders from liquid samples, so this equipment is often used in the processing of infusions, extracts, inorganic pharmaceutical salts, epinephrine and vitamin C. More applications follow, especially the production of pharmaceutical excipients and the isolation of heat-sensitive or difficult-to-crystallize active ingredients. Contrary to common belief, spray drying is actually a very gentle drying method - firstly, exposure to temperature is limited to seconds or at most minutes, and secondly, the cooling effect of the evaporation process protects the spray Dry material from a higher overall temperature. But despite the variety of uses.
Spray Dryer Advantages In Pharmaceutical Industry
(1) Spray drying uses atomizing nozzles to control the size of the particles to be dried. Evaporative cooling prevents overheating of the particles as the hot air drives the water out of the sample, resulting in a pure powder form of the original liquid sample. This drying method has advantages in a variety of industries due to its single-step process and high powder purity and yield.
(2) Pharmaceutical raw powders consist of large particles with different sizes and shapes, but dissolution and spray drying of the same raw material produces uniform round particles (approximately 1-6 µm in diameter) with a tighter size distribution. Variations in particle size and surface area can significantly alter dissolution rates
(3) Heat-resistant products/drugs are more suitable for use with a spray dryer. The output quality and performance of the equipment can be effectively controlled and maintained throughout the drying process, and can be dried under normal pressure and low temperature.
Spray Dryer In Milk Industry
Dried food has long been known to be a great way to preserve food. Dairy products were first treated this way in the 19th century, and today large quantities of milk, buttermilk and whey are dried to make powdered milk. The advantages of this method for the dairy processing industry are numerous, including a substantial reduction in product weight (and thus lower shipping costs) and a longer shelf life. The most common method of drying dairy products is the spray drying process.
Spray drying of dairy products also presents some very specific challenges. As with the wider agricultural industry, changes in local weather conditions and seasonal changes must be accommodated in order to achieve the best results in the spray dried dairy industry. Humidity fluctuations are especially a problem for spray drying as this can compromise product quality and consistency.
Spray Dryer Advantages In Milk Industry
(1) Although the drying process can also dry milk into milk powder, due to high temperature heating, if the temperature and time are not accurately controlled, the nutritional components of the milk powder will be damaged to varying degrees. However, the spray dryer not only ensures that the milk can be spray-dried into powder at one time, but also controls the drying time and temperature to avoid excessively high temperature, which will affect the freshness and nutritional value of the milk.
(2) Milk powder processing enterprises can adjust the pressure, flow rate and nozzle size of the liquid pump of the equipment according to the process requirements, and can obtain the required powdery and spherical particles in a certain size ratio. For example, compared with ordinary milk powder, instant milk powder has large, loose particles and good solubility. When brewing, even warm water can dissolve quickly, so it is favored by consumers.
If you would like to know more about our Lab scale spray dryer manufacturers, please contact us for a catalogue and the best price.