The rotary evaporator is a commonly used evaporator product equipment in the laboratory, the main components are composed of motor, distillation bottle, heating pot, condenser tube and other parts. Mini Rotary Evaporators are mainly used in concentration, crystallization, drying, separation and solvent recovery in the pharmaceutical, chemical and biopharmaceutical industries. The principle is that under vacuum conditions, constant temperature heating makes the rotating bottle rotate at a constant speed, and the material forms a large-area film on the bottle wall, which evaporates efficiently. The solvent vapor is cooled by a high-efficiency glass condenser and recovered in the collection bottle, which greatly improves the evaporation efficiency. It is especially suitable for the concentration and purification of biological products that are easily decomposed and denatured at high temperature.
How a rotary evaporator works
1. Evaporating flasks are eggplant-shaped or round-bottomed flasks with standard ground connections. The return serpentine condenser tube is connected to the pressure reducing pump.
2. There is a three-way piston between the condenser tube and the pressure reducing pump. The evaporating flask can be removed when the system is connected to the atmosphere. Also, the solvent will be transferred. When the system is connected to a pressure reducing pump, the system should be under reduced pressure.
3. During the working process, the pressure should be reduced first, and then the motor should be turned to rotate the evaporating bottle. Finally, the machine should be stopped and vented to prevent the decanter from falling during the spin.
As a heat source for evaporation, a constant temperature water tank should be provided frequently. Through electronic control, the flask is rotated at a constant speed at a suitable speed to increase the evaporation area. The evaporation flask was brought to a negative pressure state by a vacuum pump.
In short, the principle of the RE-201D Rotary Evaporator is to electronically control the distillation flask to rotate at a constant speed at a good speed to increase the evaporation area. At the same time, the evaporating flask is under negative pressure by the vacuum pump. The evaporation flask is heated in a water bath and rotated at a constant temperature, and then the solution in the flask is subjected to thermal diffusion evaporation under negative pressure in a rotary flask, the evaporation system can be sealed to a pressure of 400 to 600 mmHg; distillation flask The solvent in can be heated to the boiling point of the solvent by means of a heating bath. And can be rotated at a speed of 50 to 160 rpm to form a solvent film. Increase the evaporation area. Additionally, hot vapors can be quickly liquefied by efficient coolers to speed up evaporation.
Rotary Evaporator Workflow:
Let's talk about the operation process of the rotary evaporator. Generally speaking, the operation process of the rotary evaporator is mainly divided into several steps: vacuuming, feeding, heating, rotating, connecting the cooling water and recovering the solvent.
After turning on the vacuum pump, if it is found that the vacuum cannot be applied, check whether the bottle openings are well sealed, whether the vacuum pump itself is leaking, and whether the sealing ring at the rotating shaft is in good condition. A vacuum switch connected in series with the external vacuum tube can improve the evaporation speed and recovery rate. . When it is found that the vacuum cannot be pumped up, check whether the bottle openings are sealed, whether the vacuum pump itself is leaking, whether the sealing ring at the rotating shaft is in good condition, and the external vacuum tube is connected in series - only a vacuum switch, which can fine-tune the evaporation speed.
Using the vacuum negative pressure of the system, the liquid material can be sucked into the rotating bottle with a PTFE hose on the feeding port, and the liquid material should not exceed half of the rotating bottle. The rotary evaporator can continuously feed materials. When feeding, pay attention to turn off the vacuum pump, stop heating, and slowly open the feeding valve plug after the evaporation stops to prevent backflow.
The water bath used for ZZKD rotary steamer must be filled with water first and then powered on, and the temperature control range is 0-400℃. Due to the existence of thermal inertia, the actual water temperature is about 2°C higher than the set temperature, and the set value can be corrected during use. The temperature setting method is as follows: turn on the power of the water bath and set the desired temperature. This instrument is equipped with a specially designed lifting water bath. When using it, you must first add water and then power on, and dry burning is strictly prohibited. When adding water to the water bath, ensure that the rotary bottle is immersed in 1/3~1/2 of the water.
Turn on the speed control switch to adjust the knob to the best speed, and pay attention to avoid the water vibration wave.
Turn on the cooling water and recover the solvent
Turn off the vacuum pump → turn on the feeding switch to deflate → take out the solvent in the collection bottle.
The above is the operation process of the rotary evaporator with chiller and vacuum pump price that we have summarized for you. Please use the instrument carefully according to the operation process. Of course, the correct installation method of the rotary evaporator is the premise of operation. Please refer to the product page of the website for the correct installation method of the rotary evaporator.
The following are the operating steps of the rotary evaporator in the test:
1. After vacuuming and turning on the vacuum pump, it is found that the vacuum cannot be applied. Check whether the bottle mouths are well sealed, whether the vacuum pump itself is leaking, whether the sealing ring at the shaft is in good condition, and a vacuum switch connected in series with the external vacuum tube can improve the recovery rate and Evaporation rate.
2. Feeding uses the vacuum negative pressure of the system, the liquid material can be sucked into the rotating bottle with a hose at the feeding port, and the liquid material should not exceed half of the rotating bottle. This instrument can continuously feed materials, please pay attention to 1. Turn off the vacuum pump 2/stop heating
3. After the evaporation stops, slowly open the tube cock to prevent backflow. 3. Heating This instrument is equipped with a specially designed water bath. It must be powered on after adding water. The temperature control scale is 0-99°C for reference. Due to the existence of thermal inertia, the actual water temperature is about 2 degrees higher than the set temperature, and the set value can be corrected during use, such as: you need 1/3-1/2 of the water temperature. Unplug the power plug after use.
4. Turn on the switch of the electric control box and adjust the knob to the evaporation speed. Be careful to avoid the vibration of the water bath.
5. Turn on the cooling water.
6. To recover the solvent, turn off the vacuum pump, turn on the feeding switch to release the air, and take out the solvent in the collection bottle.